Network and New Media
I. Program Description
The school of Chinese Language and Literature presently offers a bachelor’s program in ‘Network and New Media’ to international students. This undergraduate program with the distinctive features of ‘Chinese Language’ ‘international finance’ and ‘media practice’, is designed for international students to help them attain proficiency in Chinese reading writing and communication skills, and qualify them for the field of financial media with a wide range of background knowledge in international finance and media.
II. Core Courses
Intensive Business Chinese Reading
Speaking and Audio-visual Training (Business Chinese)
Chinese Basic Skill Training
International Business Culture
Introduction to Chinese Economy
Chinese Foreign Trade
Communication Science theory and practice
News Reporting and Writing
Financial Media Planning
III. Professional Advantages and Career Objectives
1. Due to the professional advantages of International Commerce major and the Chinese faculty from the Chinese department, the students are cultivated to have both the professional knowledge of International commerce, the communicative ability in Chinese as well as the media practice ability. The students are compound and practical talents who have a large scale of employment opportunities.
2. To meet the requirements of international financial communication in the information era, our major is established to be reality pointed.
3. The students have a sturdy basis of Chinese language because of the enhanced Chinese training in the first few years.
4. The students can obtain the internship opportunities from the media organizations in cooperation with the Chinese department.
1. Working in the media organizations (the newspaper offices, the publishing houses, the TV stations, the websites, etc) in home and abroad as journalists, editors, translators and interpreters.
2. Working in government departments, companies and enterprises responsible for media public relationships and financial business communication.
IV. Curriculum and Faculty
1. Establishing internship basis in Chinese media departments and foreign media in China.
2. Inviting people from media departments to interact with students in class.
3. Curriculum combination of ‘Chinese Language’, ‘Finance’ and ‘Media’.
4. Interdisciplinary and inter-disciplinary personnel training system.
5. A faculty with many years of instructional experience and deep background in research.
6. Time tested instructional methods and academic management capabilities.